How we work
Our collaboration with grantees and partners are crucial, and support from corporations, communities, and individuals make the success happen. We strive to engage the community in a spirit of trust, open communication, and transparency. We are most effective when we work together with grantees to achieve a common impact we all seek. In order to build a strong and quality relationship with our grantees, we are committed to:
- Transparent, clear, and consistent communications. Grantees are kept informed regarding the decision on their grant. They are provided with clear communications on the foundation’s strategy, grant process, and the assistance they can expect to receive from the foundation.
- Consistent feedback. Grantees’ feedback are welcomed. We use that feedback to make continuous improvements. It is a critical part of our commitment because a grantee’s idea, assessment, and comments help to ensure greater success in our mutual goal to improve lives.
How We Make Grants
Giving is an easy matter, and in every man’s power. But to decide whom to give to, for what purpose, how large, when, and how to provide the support is neither in every man’s power nor an easy task. For this reason, every charitable project we support are rigorously assessed with due diligence by our board and partners to ensure we collaborate with trustworthy, charitable organisations.
What We Do Not Fund
Examples of areas the foundation does not fund:
- Direct donations or grants to individual
- Political campaigns and legislative lobbying efforts
- Building or capital campaigns
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
“Change happens when smart and dedicated people translate good intentions into concrete actions.”